There is no planet B
As a Benefit Corporation our business purpose is have a positive environment and social impact. In line with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, our Sustainable Plan has three big goals to achieve:
1. Educate people about the importance of their consumption patterns
2. Make our production under responsible and ethical basis
3. Provide a decent work and collaborate with the economic growth in our island.
1. The fashion industry is the second biggest polluter in the world. The production of leather hurts animals, the environment, and the workers who manufacture it. The only ones who benefit are people who profit from the misery and suffering of others.
2. Fast fashion have been create make products with short life.
3. No connection between product and woman personality.
1. Our handbags are made using Piñatex. Piñatex® is an innovative natural textile made from pineapple leaves. The leaves are the byproduct of existing agriculture, and their use creates an additional income stream for farming communities. Piñatex® is a natural, sustainably-sourced, cruelty free material. In addition our products are manufacture with love in Puerto Rico under ethical work conditions.
2. Fabric used are sustainable and biodegradable materials. Also, we used 100% organic cotton for lining.
3. Our project provides to conscientious woman with a sustainable nature options to help them to use a product in line with their values and personality.
In our products as of today we have been used 18 meters of Piñatex® fabric instead of animal skin. In addition we work directly with local entrepreneurs which collaborate with us in our handbag making process.